In four weeks, I taught seven novels at Jesus College, Oxford and oversaw multiple day trips. Examples?
- After reading Alice in Wonderland, we visited Christ Church College in Oxford where Lewis Carroll taught and took a boat ride down the Isis River to see the meadows where he’d picnic with the Liddell Family.
- After reading Voyage of the Dawn Treader, we visited Magdelen College where Lewis taught and followed the path at Addison’s Walk (where Tolkien convinced Lewis to convert to Christianity).
- Before finishing Fellowship of the Ring, we went to Stonehenge and looked at the barrows around the area.
- After finishing Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, we took the Harry Potter Studio tour outside London.
- After finishing The Book of Dust, we ate at the Trout pub and walked the ruins of the Abbey nearby (both prominently featured in Pullman’s book).
I’m posting a few pictures below:
We also enjoyed following the English team during the World Cup, playing Aunt Sally, and many other events.