I haven’t posted for a few months for fairly simple reasons.* Yes, teaching 3 college classes remotely while overseeing two elementary schoolers’ online education is hard. Props to all the others out there doing something similar.
I haven’t sold any stories since last April, but I have several projects in the pipeline:
- Revising a couple of short stories almost ready to send out.
- Pulling together a long-term research article involving Mark Twain’s “A Murder, A Mystery, and a Marriage” novelette.
- Reading (or re-reading after decades) some of Warren Murphy and Richard Sapir’s Destroyer novels in hopes of doing a post on this site similar to the one I did for Doc Savage earlier.
In general academic work-life news:
- My union is still negotiating a new contract with the University of California, after 1 full year of working without a contract.
- The UC campus where I work made the New York Times for it’s excellent, beneficent response to COVID-19.
- The state Board of Regents at my alma mater made the (boneheaded) decision to suspend tenure so it can fire professors, rather than make the difficult cuts to redundant upper management or academically frivolous services that could/should be made.
These are trying times. Stay sane. Stay safe.
*oh, and WordPress’s editing software redesign is utter, high-maintenance garbage.