I’m listing my full events schedule for the 74th World Science Fiction Convention (MidAmeriCon II) in Kansas City. I’ll be at these events for sure–on some as a panelist, and moderating or assisting others. I’m rounding up the end times (they all end at 10 minutes before the hour, mostly in 50 minute blocks).
Thursday, Aug. 18
- Utopia: Past and Present, 6:00-7:00 pm, 2504B (panelist)
- Campbell and Sturgeon Awards & Reception, 7:00-9:00 pm, 2501D (attending and assisting)
Friday, Aug. 19
- Preserving the History of the Future (SF Libraries & Archives), 3:00-4:00 pm, 2201 (moderating)
Saturday, Aug. 20
- Campbell Conference Roundtable, 9:00-11:00 am, 2201 (attending and assisting)
- Trojan Horse TV, 11:00-Noon, 2204 (moderating)
- Ancient Greece and Rome in Science Fiction, 4:00-5:00 pm, 2201 (moderating)
- Economics of Scarcity and Cold War Rhetoric, 5:00-6:00 pm, 2201 (moderating)
Sunday, Aug. 21
- Third Rock (and Roll) from the Sun, 11:00-Noon, 2207 (panelist)
A couple of elaborations to add. The panel on “Third Rock (and Roll)…” is about pop music in science fiction and fantasy (not the 90s TV show). There’s also a panel specifically about David Bowie that I may try to attend on Saturday. The academic panel on “Economics of Scarcity” will feature readings of classic ’50s invasion films like Earth Vs. the Flying Saucers. Should be interesting.