October is always a busy month that starts with a birthday and ends with Halloween. Not having any major news doesn’t mean I’m not really busy. To wit:
- Drafting paper for MLA presentation on Twain’s love of sea adventure fiction.
- Teaching 2 sections of Writing in Science and 1 section of Advanced Composition at UC Davis.
- Securing reviewers for three new, major books for Mark Twain Annual.
- Working on Long-Term Writing Project #1, which is so secret I shouldn’t be talking about it.
- Enjoying a number of things I’ve read, including Brad Denton’s new Wild Cards short story and David Epstein’s new book on the value of not specializing in a single field, Range.
Busy, but low key. This is good.